When batch is created in Inventory (Transaction-->Inventory-->Batches) user must check mark the option “Post to General Ledger” if user forget to mark check box the Journal Entry will not create in General Journal .
It’s usually possible that user forget / ignore to mark check option, is it possible to make the default check marked on “Post to General Ledger” check box ?
It is through the one line VBA code.
1) Open the Inventory Batch Entry (Transaction --> Inventory --> Batches)
2) Add the Inventory Batch Entry screen to Visual Basic ( Tools-->Customize-->Add Current Window to Visual Basic)
3) Goto Tools--> Customize--> Add Fields to Visual Basic and click on Post to General Ledger Check Box.
4) Goto Tools-->Customize-->Visual Basic editor to do the coding
5) Select the “InventoryBatchEntry(Window) from Project explore (Microsoft_Dynamics_GP --> Microsoft Dynamics GP Objects --> InventoryBatchEntry(Window)
6) And on “ Window_AfterActivate” event add the following code
PosttoGeneralLedger.Value = 1
Your code should look like below screen :
If it’s difficult for you to do the VBA modification please do not hesitate to mail me for above customization file.